Have you updated to the latest Jetpack plugin version, Jetpack 3.0.2?
As with the past Jetpack updates, Automattic (the company who started up WordPress.com, Askimet, PollDaddy, VaultPress, etc) has revamped their Jetpack plugin — with not only a few more features, but also an updated look to the plugin’s menu.
Specifically, these are the updates, additions, and changes to this version of Jetpack — straight from Jetpack 3.0.2’s changelog:
- Enhancement: General: Make module categories filter more visible when active.
- Enhancement: General: Updated translation files with more strings added since the last release.
- Enhancement: General: Allow deep-linking to the Contact Support form.
- Bug Fix: General: RTL Jetpack Admin UI looks better.
- Bug Fix: General: Fixed PHP warning when bulk deactivating modules.
- Bug Fix: General: Removed an unnecessary description.
- Bug Fix: General: Resolved an SSL error on Jetpack Admin UI.
- Bug Fix: General: Fix error comparing signatures when the WordPress installation is using site_url filters (applied mostly to WPEngine sites).
- Bug Fix: General: Resolved PHP strict error on the mobile menu.
- Bug Fix: General: Fix timing of conditional checks, so that calling developer mode via a plugin works again.
- Bug Fix: General: Main page categories tab now properly translates module names.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Fix a typo, the “more info” link now works.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Improve button styling.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Remove unused UI for Reblog settings on social settings page.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Updated to no longer use a deprecated Akismet function.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Sends email to the administrator that is not marked as spam again.
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Resolved PHP warning on open graph gallery pages when the gallery is empty.
The newest module added (that I’ll be sharing with you in the upcoming weeks!) is Site Verification, which is useful for confirming your website for Pinterest and Google Webmaster.
As with all plugins, I recommending backing up your blog and updating the latest version of Jetpack. Updating to Jetpack 3.0.2 helps your blog with the security of this plugin and allows you to access and utilize all the features Jetpack has to offer.
I’m curious; in your opinion what’s THE BEST feature Jetpack brings to your WordPress blog?
Be sure to read up on using Jetpack’s many features by checking out the comprehensive overview of the WordPress Jetpack plugin and a summary of ALL of the available features.
As a blogger, website maintainer and more, with a B.A. in Journalism, I'd love to have the opportunity to set up a blog (like this one) for you! Click "hire me" for details!