An easy way to format your blog into a PDF book
If you are looking for a way to convert your blog articles into a book format, try out BlogBooker.com, a free and easy way to do so. Once you give this site the necessary information, it will automatically and quickly convert it into a PDF file and a Word document.
BlogBooker can be used with a variety of blogging platforms: WordPress, TypePad, Blogger, LiveJournal, and Tumblr.
- Head over to www.BlogBooker.com and click on your blogging platform.
- Submit your blog’s export file and upload it (You should already have this as part of your backup process! Read How to back up your WordPress blog‘s “Step 1” to find out how to get the export file).
- Enter your site’s web address.
- Choose any other options you’d like, such as: the date range, high-resolution photos (only for donors), comments included, and more.
- Click on “Create your BlogBook”.
The automatic process takes only a couple of minutes. When it’s done, it converts it into a PDF file, Word document, and provides a way to send it to and publish it through Blurb or other self-publishing sites.
Now, while it converts your blog for free and easily, BlogBooker doesn’t create a professional looking book. I converted my site purely for my own informational and filing purposes.
Because it is a free system (although you can upgrade or donate to have it turn out with high-resolution photos and more), the look of the PDF file, for example, is basic and uninteresting. (View my blog’s PDF here for reference.) All of my photos didn’t get pulled into the file, and the ones that did now have low resolution. Obviously any videos I had embedded into posts didn’t and wouldn’t have transferred over; and the font and layout is purely organizational and not stylistic.
If you use this program, just be aware that your blog’s not going to instantly and magically turn into a beautiful ebook — but that the program, taken as is, is better used for your own personal/business reference and files. Should you desire to transform your blog into a printed book, I suggest taking this program the next step by heading over to Blurb to create your custom book.
As a blogger, website maintainer and more, with a B.A. in Journalism, I'd love to have the opportunity to set up a blog (like this one) for you! Click "hire me" for details!