Trying to figure out what your domain name for your blog should be? Just make sure to follow a few brief guidelines.
- Try to keep your web address the same as your website name
- Keep it short and sweet
- Make it easy to remember
- Don’t use hyphens (hyphens don’t reflect trustworthiness or authority)
- Make it a .com, rather than .net or even more ambiguous
- Use your company name, your name, or your business’ focus or location, or consider incorporating related keywords
- Stay away from hard-to-spell words
- Buy it quick before someone else does!
And if it’s a toss-up between a couple, you could always buy both and point one towards the other.
Here’s what Google’s Webspam head, Matt Cutts, has to say on the matter of picking a domain name:
Some of these tips are from Ricardo Bueno; at www.RicardoBueno.com.
As a blogger, website maintainer and more, with a B.A. in Journalism, I'd love to have the opportunity to set up a blog (like this one) for you! Click "hire me" for details!